Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney is a crossover adventure puzzle game for the Nintendo 3DS, featuring the lead characters from both the Professor Layton and Ace Attorney series.  Developed by Level-5 and published by Level-5 and Capcom, it was released November 29, 2012 in Japan.   It was released on March 28, 2014 in Europe and August 29 in North America, published by Nintendo.  
The game features a combination of gameplay elements from both series, including the trademark puzzles from the Professor Layton series as well as trials, known as "Witch Trials" in the game, from the Ace Attorney series. Layton has to solve the mysteries of the strange world while Phoenix Wright has to defend a client in witch trials, similar to the court trials in the Ace Attorney series. The game also features fully-voiced anime style cutscenes which are common of the Professor Layton games but a first for the Ace Attorney series which has never used cutscenes nor proper voice acting for its games. 
The game takes place in a different universe from the existing Professor Layton and Ace Attorney universes. Both Professor Layton and Phoenix Wright find themselves in a different world from their own, where they find the strange medieval city known as Labyrinth City has been victim to a number of impossible occurrences recently. The town is home to witches who hide in the shadows, and is controlled by an evil villain known as the Story Teller. Central to the plot is a blond girl named Mahoney who is accused of being a witch by Layton at one point, only to be contradicted by Wright.
Japanese magazine Famitsu gave the game a 35/40.  Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney received "generally favorable" reviews on Metacritic holding a metascore of 79/100 bsaed on 69 critic reviews. On whatoplay.com, it receives an aggregate score (playscore) of 8.70/10 based on 41 critics and 5,090+ gamer ratings.
- Main article: Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney/Gallery
- ↑ http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/10/19/layton_crosses_with_ace_attorney/
- ↑ http://andriasang.com/con2ku/ace_attorney_famitsu/
- ↑ http://www.siliconera.com/2012/09/11/hold-it-professor-layton-vs-ace-attorney-is-coming-in-november/
- ↑ http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/07/professor-layton-vs-ace-attorney-confirmed-for-western-release
- ↑ http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/37730/professor-layton-vs-phoenix-wright-ace-attorney-dated-for-august-29-release
- ↑ http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=160931
- ↑ http://nintendo3dsblog.com/professor-layton-vs-phoenix-wright-to-be-playable-at-level-5-world-this-october
- ↑ http://www.vg247.com/2010/10/19/conference-report-level-5s-time-travellers-confirmed-for-3ds-at-vision-event-layton-ace-attorney-crossover-announced/
- ↑ http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=191124
- ↑ Metascore for Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace AttorneyMetacritic, Retrieved April 17, 2020
- ↑ playscore for Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorneywhatoplay.com, Retrieved April 17, 2020